HeART BEAT Foundation is an initiative by the family with key purpose... backed by eminent artists, socialites, professionals and friends who care for 'ART BY AND FOR THE SPECIAL PERSONS'
V S Ramana - FOUNDER & MANAGING TRUSTEE
- Varakur Srinivasan Ramana is a Corporate Communications, PR professional, also with a Corporate Social Responsibility role. A Bachelor in Commerce from the Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Madras University.
- Ramana holds a Diploma in Cartooning from the 'Raye Burns School of Cartooning', Cleveland in USA.
- He has the eyes and hands of an artist and the Heart to reach out as well!
- A writer, singer, traveller, photographer, cartoonist, Ramana has leveraged art that just runs into his DNA, from his maternal uncles; Sri S Rajam - the eminent artist and the artiste; and the Veena Maestro Sri S Balachander.
- Ramana's eldest brother Dr V.S.Gopalakrishnan - IAS Retired, initiated Ramana into cartooning during early school days. Gopalakrishnan who retired from IAS Maharashtra cadre, was subsequently the Director General, World Trade Centre [1995-2005] in Mumbai, was himself a painter as well Cartoonist [from the same Raye Burns School]. Gopal's cartoons have appeared in Shankar's Weekly, has held many art exhibitions [in India and Paris] and has also published two books on Poems plus Cartoon Books captioned 'Bureaucrat goes Berserk'.
- Ramana's early initiation into photography was by his other brother Sri V S Ravi - with 'Diana' box camera and 'Agfa Isoly'.
- His career spans over 36 years, across DCM Group, Speer Advertising, Ranbaxy, Cadilla and L&T,
- Ramana has been a part of this 'Giving;', since 1999 - as a part of PRAYAS Delhi www.prayaschildren.org
- At L&T Construction, he has been leading the company's CSR Team and been on the CII-CSR Sub-Committee as well.
- At Chennai's PRSI [Public Relations Society of India], Ramana has held sessions/seminars on CSR, initiating many speakers from NGO's & Companies to share and to effectively be engaged on CSR.
Jayashree Ramana - TRUSTEE
Jayashree has seen her part of fine career with a firm of Electronics Consulting Engineers in New Delhi; The Spastic Society of Northern India, Delhi and later at Prayas Trust Chennai - www.ecc-prayas.org , where she is a Member, and had held positions as Secretary and Trustee.
Dr Nishkamya Ramana - TRUSTEE
Nishkamya is a soft-natured Doctor, a spontaneous giver and an artist as well. As an ace Tamil Nadu Throwball champion, she played her way into gaining a seat at the Coimbatore Medical College, Peelamedu in 2008, now in pursuit of MD/MS.
HeART BEAT FOUNDATION
...because our HeART Beats for ART and for a lot more deserving 'Special' causes and 'Special People'...
HeART BEAT Foundation musters art-training, supports art-material and aids, holds exclusive 'Charity Exhibition & Sale' of works of art by the Specially-abled, along with collaborators/support-groups, garners resources for the needy.
The entire proceeds of the show goes to support the artist. An event in 2014 garnered Rs. 4 lacs for a single beneficiary!
Friends of HeART BEAT Foundation include eminent personalities like:
Artist - Actor Sivakumar, Maniam Selvan, Director Vasant Sai, Lakshmi Venkatraman, Nina Reddy, Artist Bhagwan Chavan, Rahool Saxena, Lakshu Narasimhan...
Registered as a Public Charitable Trust - Under Section 12 AA of the Income Tax Act of 1961 with effect from 01/04/2015 with Unique Registration No. AABTH2777E/05/15-16 /T-0739
Audited Result & Activity Report - March 2015